Golden Gate Park is a must-see if you’re visiting San Francisco for the first time. Not only is the Golden Gate Bridge an American icon, but its adjacent park also has numerous attractions for you to enjoy. We at Reliable Rent-A-Car recommend that you get one of our convertible car rentals and head on over to Golden Gate Park.
Each year, visitors flock to Golden Gate Park to enjoy over 1,000 acres of green space, playgrounds, lakes, monuments, and more. In fact, Golden Gate Park has so many fun things to do during your San Francisco visit that we can’t even include them all here. However, here are just a few Golden Gate Park features we’d like to highlight:
- Conservatory of Flowers: Come see more than 1,700 different types of flowers and plants in one of the oldest buildings in Golden Gate Park.
- Stow Lake: Nestled in the trees, this body of water within the park is picturesque to say the least. You can take a walk around the lake or even enjoy a boat ride.
- Bird Watching: If you’re a wildlife fan, take a drive in your convertible car rental and try to spot the birds throughout the park. From hummingbirds to the great horned owl, Golden Gate Park has a variety of winged creatures.
- Bison Paddock: Smack dab in the middle of the park is a herd of American bison! You won’t want to miss these interesting creatures.
- Dutch Windmill: Two wooden windmills—built in the early 1900s—stand on the western edge of Golden Gate Park. Come check out the history of these unique landmarks.
In addition to these attractions, you can enjoy golfing, hiking, fishing, taking a ride on the carousel, and much more. Golden Gate Park is open year round, so be sure to visit during your next San Francisco excursion.
Reliable Rent-A-Car has not only reliable but also cheap car rentals for out-of-town guests and residents of San Francisco. To reserve a convertible car rental for your day out to Golden Gate Park, contact Reliable Rent-A-Car at (415) 928-4414. You can also make a car-rental reservation online.